One of the great reasons for living in the East Bay, is being able to sample the variety of restaurants that exist here. Today I had lunch with my good friend, Rebecca at Corso's which is about a ten minute drive from our Claremont office .We call our lunch time together Woe and Hope as we exchange our latest real estate stories. Trattoria Corso at 1778 Shattuck boasts simple Itlaian food from Florence. It was established by the owners of well known Rivoli on Solano Ave. The menus is VERY Italian including a prezzo fisso( fixed price) lunch choice which includes salade, pasta and wine for $12.00. Since I just saw the great musical, Wicked, this week I was feeling, yes, wicked. So I had a green romaine salade with olive oil dressing, seasoned perfectly, followed by a tasty ox tail and polenta dish topped with a creative vegie sauce that was really yummy. Rebecca had a hearty chicken soup and salade. We completely enjoyed the environment, service and food and we were able to squeeze in alot of gossip for dessert.
It helped fortify me for an afternoon of work and driving in the rain and really beats grabbing a sandwich and eating at my desk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rotary Peace Grove at Tilden Park

Restaurant Pick - Left Bank!